Background Image for Header:
Why teach computer science in elementary school?
Code.org has developed elementary school curriculum that allows even the youngest students to explore the limitless world of computing. Courses blend online, self-guided, and self-paced tutorials with "unplugged" classroom activities that require no computer.Curriculum Guide Course Design
Professional Learning Program
- You don't need any previous experience teaching computer science to join us.
- Our 1-day, no cost, workshops prepare educators and content-area teachers (librarians, tech-ed specialists, etc.) to introduce computer science basics in a format that's fun and accessible to the youngest learners (grades K-5).
- Increase your knowledge and confidence in facilitating an engaged computer science classroom.
- Connect with other educators in your area who are working to bring computer science to their schools.
- Facilitated by experienced computer science educators across the United States.
- Covers content for Code.org's elementary school Computer Science Fundamentals curriculum.
Local Workshop Offerings:
- Saturday, April 13, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the West Virginia University, Morgantown Campus (specific location TBA).