Background Image for Header:
CodeWV is pleased to offer Elementary, Middle, and High School curriculum through
our Regional Partnership with Code.org. The curriculum is available at no cost
for anyone, anywhere to teach.
Recommended for Grades K-5, Computer Science (CS) Fundamentals is an elementary school curriculum that allows even the youngest students to explore the limitless world of computing. Courses blend online, self-guided, and self-paced tutorials with "unplugged" classroom activities that require no computer.
Recommended for Grades 6-10, Computer Science (CS) Discoveries is an introductory computer science course that takes a wide lens on computer science by covering topics such as programming, physical computing, HTML/CSS, and data. The curriculum is flexible to be taught as a semester or year long course.
Recommended for Grades 9-12, Computer Science (CS) Principles introduces students to the foundational concepts of computer science and challenges them to explore how computing and technology can impact the world. The curriculum is flexible to be taught as a normal course or as an AP course.
CodeWV follows Code.org's curriculum values, which permeate and drive the creation of every lesson plan.
- Computer Science is foundational for every student.
- Teachers empower students in the classroom and play a critical role in their education.
- Students learn best when they are intrinsically motivated and actively engaged in each lesson.
- All students should have the opportunity to study the field of computer science, regardless of social and economic forces, demographics or underrepresented groups, and all students can succeed when given the support they need.
- Curriculum is a service and should be responsive to feedback and evolving conditions.